Improve yourself in chess

Yasser Seirawan. chess.com is not a great option.
It's not great but its better than watching somebody and not playing by yourself. Chess.com has its own lessons, game archive that you can analyze your moves and not make same mistakes again, blogs, pro players' plays, chess terms etc.

I used to play chess when I was a kid. Let yourself join chess competitions as it will motivate yourself more and improve your play style. Even if loses games in competitions, say to yourself that is part of learning process. Have fun and enjoy. Don't be ambitious.

Son düzenleme:
chess.com is not a great option, I had diamond membership for like a year. It sucks, Stockfish is a free software why would you pay for that? All the good lessons that is given in the website is old. Watch Saint Louis Chess Club on YouTube, It is free. Also solve tactical puzzles on chesstempo.

When playing up against chess engines, the best advice I can give is to avoid selecting the lower difficulty levels. Always go for at least medium/intermediate or hard opponents. That will determine whether you'll become a below average or an above average player.

I did the exact same mistake when I was younger and I'm stuck at being an average player for more than thirty years. :) I take it that you're past the beginner phase and would like to improve your game to become competitive. In that case I suggest playing relentlessly against hard to beat opponents. You might as well receive back to back defeats after hundreds and hundreds of matches. Make sure to motivate yourself during that most difficult phase by learning about openings and other strategies through online tutorials. If you're keen enough, you'll beat your opponent one day and it will be the day that defines the rest of your chess life.

Yeni konular

Geri
Yukarı