Mesajlar
Çözümler
Yer
the unknown
Daha fazla  
Cinsiyet
Erkek
Hey there everyone,
Having a week of experience here, in a forum that I can describe as the Turkish LTT -or NCIX Tech Tips? Since Technopat was older, but still, don't know, don't care- being an early follower on their YT content, thought I would hop on the forum of theirs, maybe find something interesting to talk -or brag- about.

Now, being a week old random account, I feel like I can talk about what's been nice throughout the time I've spent here and what's not, the things that the administration can do to take the forum to a next level&shape your audience to the content you produce.

I do not know if this is a side project for you or a full time job, however, seeing you active with daily uploads, analyzing the forum on your own, inspecting freshly released stuff... it's pretty clear that you do it for a living. This is obviously not bad, or even anything related to the upcoming paragraphs of junk text, but I feel bad when I criticize stuff that people delibarately put time into something they are passionate about, so I just wanted to point out that I do not take any of your works lightly, I just feel like a feedback from someone that knows what they are talking about could help, big time.

Here I go.

Being and old forum lurker, I liked the idea of "validating registration" that I am assuming it was done by a human, since it took 3-4 minutes. The question is, what data is sent there that a bot can't validate on its own? None.

Now that we're in, we can talk about the subpar forum design that looks like it's from 2013. Is it vBulletin? I honestly tried to search "arayüz yenilendi site:technopat.net" to find out when the UI was last updated. I guess I won't ever know.

Loads of subforums that no one has entered since months, or no one has clear knowledge about. Would randomly throwing an RE subforum help on the lack of knowledge on that matter? Don't think so.

But we all know these are minor stuff, that can obviously be fixed within days or even hours effort was put on it. Let me move onto other stuff:

The forum is moderated well. I mean REALLY well. And this is a good thing to have in any forum...but, don't you think the rules are a tad bit authoritarian? An hour mute for starting the sentence without a capital letter is both overkill and unnecessary. This literally has no affection on the forum, nobody's obviously using zargo or stylized letters to make it look "cool", why enforce a way of typing when it does not even affect the answer, or help in any case? No thanks, I'm better off sticking to my own way of typing. Though forums have their own cultures, I find this bizarre.

Computer enthusiasm and gaming in is 9 times out of 10 misconceptualized and confused in Turkey, funny enough, being shoved into a "techie" pool just because I was playing CS at 15 years of age is what made me the guy I am today. Obviously this is a seldom case and won't work with much people. I've been in your RTX 3080 premiere, and I can't tell you how annoying the YT chat was, people asking "how this would do if paired with i3 8100". Just go to any freaking build site, ffs.
Why am I telling you about this now? Well, because, half of the forum is based on "how well *insert card here* would run in *insert game here*?" Like, is it hard to find a benchmark test online rather than just ask someone else that probably doesn't have the card either and will make assumptions? I guess it is.

Honestly, I do not think this is something to blame on you, or even hold against you: growth is growth! Even if you wish of an intellectual "upper" audience that LTT has, even if you have to answer 500 build questions per day to keep the forum alive, even if you quit the book series -that I loved :(- because no one watches them.

I genuinely love your YT content, not in the "ive been ur 1st sub now pat my back" way, but I do have a fun time and your channel is somewhere that I come back to. The forum though? I don't know. I believe the owners are pretty nice people, I do not even know if I'm risking a ban for anything I've said, spelled wrong or anything.

tl;dr: Nice channel, mediocre audience.

I think the rules are deterrent enough to warrant a sense of community. Technopat is a different place than every Turkish forum besides maybe the most niche forums. The Turkish net suffers a lot from the SEO type junk writing even in its forums and Technopat is protected from it thanks to the rules.

I'm in this forum since last couple hours, and can exactly agree with your observations. The main problem here is, self ego of Turkish people. Anyone can claim they know better than other one and they're trying to prove that in any platforms (forums, bureaucracy, internet, traffic...etc) in any cost.

I agree, Turkish people (most of them) have self ego for nothing.
And I just saw the LTT Forum, I feel disgusted. The forum is more disgusting than swimming in sewage.

Geri
Yukarı