Teach me some slang

Aslan Mert

Centipat
Katılım
14 Temmuz 2023
Mesajlar
Çözümler
For example, “anyhoo” is the informal version of “anyhow.” This is actually the first time I've heard the word "anyhow", but it turns out it means "anyway".

Slang can be as simple as using "knock it off" instead of "stop it" or using "make believe" instead of "pretend." It isn't all about pronouncing words in a funny way.

Slang can be as simple as using "knock it off" instead of "stop it" or using "make believe" instead of "pretend." It isn't all about pronouncing words in a funny way.
Since it s much harder to guess the meaning of them i prefer "funnyly pronounced" ones yet i'm cool with others too. Like i have never heard the word "make believe". Could you please use it in a sentence?

Son düzenleme:
Here's an example: "yeah, ı'm fine with my religion. GO make believe your own sh! T."

I see. At first i was like that s not sounds right you can t use pretend instead of make belive in that sentence, it would be something like "... GO pretend your thing" and that a nonsense but actually it should be like "... GO pretend belive in your things", right?
Just for the clarification, would you say "make belive" mean "inanıyormışça" in turkish, or "inan" in turkish?

I see. At first i was like that s not sounds right you can t use pretend instead of make belive in that sentence, it would be something like "... GO pretend your thing" and that sould be nonsense but actually it should be like "... GO pretend belive in your things" i guess, right?
Just for the clarification, would you say "make belive" mean "inanıyormışça" in turkish?
If we try to reconstruct that sentence with "believe" it wouldn't work because "make believe" doesn't mean "pretend" one to one. It is more like "pretend that something imaginary is real." In Turkish it roughly translates to "Olmayan bir şeye gerçek gözüyle bakmak." It is longer in Turkish of course, sometimes we use slang to shorten words that take too long to explain.

Yeni konular

Geri
Yukarı