Upgrading Iomega ix2-200 to Cloud Edition

hi recep baltas,

i found the solution is very simple you must acessing the twonky media server like this...http:ip ix2-200:50599 or :9000 and them twonky media settings->media receivers->and you find your ip tv and put it as a samsung tv you will find it on the list.

thanks a lot for all the help you give me

cheers,

Son düzenleyen: Moderatör:
Guys,
Is there someone who can send me a partition image of the system partition of ix2-200?
If so, please, contact me on:

Kod:
pedro@guedes.tk

Thanks,

Caco

Hello, I tried reinstalling the OS (ix2-200 that was previously converted to cloud edition and on 3.2.3 fw) as i had problems with torrents after trying to install transmission.
Now, after having wiped the drives with EASEUS as advised, the unit won't flash anymore from usb. After about 5 minutes, as already described in other posts, the unit red light blinks briefly and then power cycles. I tried 3 different usb sticks, no luck, wiped the disks completely with 1 pass.
Do I need to do anything to initialize the drives before trying flashing again? Do I need to decompress the .tgz file manually?

Thanks!!

hello .. use the firmware updater software provided by iomega --- serach for link --- and create a folderstructure as described in this thread , of course you must copy the firmware of the cloud edition in the same folder as the script should be placed !

copy this script (see downwards) in an unix editor and save it as preimage.sh in folder on your usb-stick ---> \ecmtools\ix2-200d_images\preimage.sh

--------------------- here the script ---- copy in unix editor ans save as --- preimage.sh ---------- --------------------

Kod:
# /bin/sh
# This script is used to upgrade the drive firmware version
# if the drive firmware is < CC37 then this script needs to upgrade that drive
# Also the hdparm needs to be 9.28 fo this to work
##

echo "!!!!!!This script upgrades the seagate drive firmware"

HDPARM=/usb_drive/emctools/seagate/hdparm916/hdparm
FWPATH=/usb_drive/emctools/seagate
UPGRADED=0

find_firmware()
{
MODEL=$1
if [ "$MODEL" == "ST3500412AS" ]
then
NEW_FIRMWARE="$FWPATH/500-cc37.bin"
elif [ "$MODEL" == "ST31000520AS" ]
then
NEW_FIRMWARE="$FWPATH/1tb-cc38.bin"
elif [ "$MODEL" == "ST32000542AS" ] 
then
NEW_FIRMWARE="$FWPATH/2tb-cc38.bin"
else
return 1
fi
return 0
}

update_firmware()
{
dev=/dev/$1
MODEL=`$HDPARM -I $dev | grep Model | awk '{print $3}'`
echo "Model is $MODEL"
FIRMWARE_REV=`$HDPARM -I $dev | grep Firmware | awk '{print $3}'`
echo "Firmware revision is $FIRMWARE_REV"

find_firmware $MODEL
if [ "$?" == "0" ]
then 
rev=`echo $FIRMWARE_REV | awk '{print substr($0, 3, 2)}'`
if ( [ "$MODEL" == "ST3500412AS" ] && [ "$rev" -lt "37" ] ) || ( [ "$MODEL" != "ST3500412AS" ] && [ "$rev" -lt "38" ] )
then
echo "The drive firmware needs to be updated to $NEW_FIRMWARE"
count=1
while [ "$count" -lt "5" ];
do
echo "pass $count"
$HDPARM --yes-i-know-what-i-am-doing --please-destroy-my-drive --fwdownload $NEW_FIRMWARE $dev
cmd_ret=$?
if [ "$cmd_ret" -lt "6" ]
then
UPGRADED=1
break
fi
let count++
done
else
echo "Firmware does not need an upgrade"
fi
else 
echo "The Model $MODEL is not supported"
return 1
fi
}

#MAX_DRIVES=12
#drive_letters=(a b c d e f g h i j k l)
for i in a b c d e f g h i j k l;
do
drive=sd$i
if [ -f /sys/block/$drive/removable ]
then
isDrive=`cat /sys/block/$drive/removable`
if [ "$isDrive" == "0" ]
then
echo "$drive is a hard drive"
update_firmware $drive
else
echo "$drive is not a hard drive"
fi
else
echo "$drive doesnot exists"
fi
done

if [ $UPGRADED == "1" ]
then
echo "Need to reboot after a firmware upgrade"
exit 1
else
exit 0
fi

Son düzenleyen: Moderatör:

I'm in pretty much the same situation. I have a USB drive that definitely blinked as expected (4-6 after about 60 seconds, then 2 more after 10 more, then a lot for a while), and then shutdown as expected. But after I powered it back up, I've never been able to get anywhere. I can tell from my DHCP server that it's asking for an IP, but the front LED is just blinking rapid white. I've tried reflashing it, but I never get the continuous flashing on the thumb drive again. I've tried re-pulling the drives and putting them in a dock and wiping the partitions again, but no luck. I must be missing something?

Hi All,

Trying to recover my ix2-200 Cloud edition, But using 2 320 GB disks instead. It keep blinking, no files are even extracted at my USB.
Is it allowed to use 320 GB disks?

Thx,
KAR

Bu siteyi kullanmak için çerezler gereklidir. Siteyi kullanmaya devam etmek için çerezleri kabul etmelisiniz. Daha Fazlasını Öğren.…