HTC Rhyme Root

I can only tell what I can see from my bootloader. That's as far as I can get.

it says...

BLISS XC SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.32.0011
RADIO-1.23.00.0224
eMMC-boot
Dec 22 2011, 23:01:53

I got it to boot-up normally!!!

I used the method explained here to extract the boot.img file and flashed it in fastboot.

I still have no recovery though. I really want to root this phone or at least get a recovery on it that I can create nandroid back-ups with.

this is what's in the "About Phone" menu...

ANDROID VERSION

HTC SENSE

SOFTWARE NUMBER
2.20.605.3 710RD

KERNEL VERSION
2.6.35.10-g2f3b8c7
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

BASEBAND VERSION

BUILD NUMBER
2.20.605.3 CL352124 relese-keys

PRI VERSION
3.12_002

PRL VERSION

ERI VERSION

- - - Updated - - -

Well... I'm not saved yet.

It's booting normally but now I have no WiFi. I had this problem on my HTC Incredible and a kernel re-flash fixed it so maybe that's what I need here but I can't find one.

I will check it later but just FYI, the phone will get ICS soon...

Just checking in...

I'm still searching for other root methods. ZergRush is at the heart of almost every technique I've found for the Rhyme. I'm still not able to get it to work.

I tried downloading and re-installing fresh drivers and ran checks to see if they are working. Everything is fine there.

Son düzenleyen: Moderatör:
I am thinking of buying the phone just to help you, lol.

No that's commitment, lol. :)

I was able to install an RUU which fixed the WiFi issue, but now the phone is stuck in a boot-loop. I immediately tried SuperOneClickRoot which ran all the way through, unlike before where it froze at step 7. It didn't seem to work because superuser couldn't gain root access so I tried ZergRush. Which also appeared to work but I ended up the same problem. No root access and now the boot-loop.

I've flashed the RUU three times (doing it twice each attempt) but its the same result every time. The phone boots normally the first time, then goes into loop on the next restart. Could be bad root attemp the wrong RUU, could be corrupted or maybe I'm doing it wrong. I don't know.

Please... Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

No that's commitment, lol. :)

I was able to install an RUU which fixed the WiFi issue, but now the phone is stuck in a boot-loop. I immediately tried SuperOneClickRoot which ran all the way through, unlike before where it froze at step 7. It didn't seem to work because superuser couldn't gain root access so I tried ZergRush. Which also appeared to work but I ended up the same problem. No root access and now the boot-loop.

I've flashed the RUU three times (doing it twice each attempt) but its the same result every time. The phone boots normally the first time, then goes into loop on the next restart. Could be bad root attemp the wrong RUU, could be corrupted or maybe I'm doing it wrong. I don't know.

Please... Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Which RUU are you trying to flash? Were you able to find the latest one?

Which RUU are you trying to flash? Were you able to find the latest one?

I have...
RUU_Bliss_C_VERIZON_WWE_1.26.605.6_Radio_1.15.00.0816_NV_VZW2.67_release_214911_signed.exe
RUU_Bliss_C_VERIZON_WWE_1.26.605.11_Radio_1.15.00.0816_NV_VZW2.67_release_222889_signed.exe
... which I got here.

--- UPDATE ---

I fixed it. No root, but it's working and back to factory condition.

I used CWM recovery to format all partitions (data, system, cache, devlog, etc.) as well as the sdcard. Once that was done, I relocked the bootloader and ran the RUU. This time I went through the entire setup process for the phone (activation, market account, WiFi and so on) without rebooting first. After the setup, I rebooted and I started normally. About 20 minutes later, I got an android OTA update of some kind and now its fine.

Not sure why setting up the phone would make a difference, but formatting the partitions and going completely clean-slate is probably what did the trick. Something must have been stuck in memory from the first failed attempt and it was corrupting the following attempts in some way.

I'd still like to root it, but anyway... it's fixed and my wife's is glad to get her phone back. Happy ending.

Thanks to all for your assistance.

I have...
RUU_Bliss_C_VERIZON_WWE_1.26.605.6_Radio_1.15.00.0816_NV_VZW2.67_release_214911_signed.exe
RUU_Bliss_C_VERIZON_WWE_1.26.605.11_Radio_1.15.00.0816_NV_VZW2.67_release_222889_signed.exe
... which I got here.

--- UPDATE ---

I fixed it. No root, but it's working and back to factory condition.

I used CWM recovery to format all partitions (data, system, cache, devlog, etc.) as well as the sdcard. Once that was done, I relocked the bootloader and ran the RUU. This time I went through the entire setup process for the phone (activation, market account, WiFi and so on) without rebooting first. After the setup, I rebooted and I started normally. About 20 minutes later, I got an android OTA update of some kind and now its fine.

Not sure why setting up the phone would make a difference, but formatting the partitions and going completely clean-slate is probably what did the trick. Something must have been stuck in memory from the first failed attempt and it was corrupting the following attempts in some way.

I'd still like to root it, but anyway... it's fixed and my wife's is glad to get her phone back. Happy ending.

Thanks to all for your assistance.

I was able to root it by flashing SU via recovery. It's still s-on but it's rooted and stable.

Uyarı! Bu konu 11 yıl önce açıldı.
Muhtemelen daha fazla tartışma gerekli değildir ki bu durumda yeni bir konu başlatmayı öneririz. Eğer yine de cevabınızın gerekli olduğunu düşünüyorsanız buna rağmen cevap verebilirsiniz.

Yeni konular

Geri
Yukarı