Migrating from Kunena to Vbulletin 4.2.0!

Katılım
14 Ağustos 2010
Mesajlar
Makaleler
Çözümler
Yer
İstanbul
Daha fazla  
Cinsiyet
Erkek
Profil Kapağı
This how to guide will help people who use Joomla with Kunena to move their forum into vBuletin 4.2.0. First of all, I have crawled the whole web and no one was able to "completely" move Kunena to vBulletin. My friends bought an old web site which was using Joomla! 1.5 and Kunena 1.0.X and they came to me to move the Kunena to their brand new and easy to manage, SEO enabled vBulletin 4.2.0 forum, this^^ forum. After a little research I have found out that Kunena was actually Fireboard. So I thought that I can use vBulletin's own import tool, Impex.

Although I looked for a native Kunena import script within Impex, that was no luck. So, I went for Fireboard importer. In the end, I was able to successfully import all the users and posts and stuff from Kunena (fireboard) to vBulletin 4.2.0.

Let's go step by step:

1. Download Impex from vBulletin Member's Area and extract it.
2. Go to upload/impex/systems and delete every folder except Fireboard and index.html file.
3. Go to /upload/impex folder and find the ImpExConfig.php.new. Now remove the ".new" extension and open the file with WordPad (Do NOT use Notepad!)
4. Now enter information for source and taget databases (Detailed info here). Both forums have to be up and running. For source table prefix, use "kunena_".
5. If your vBulletin board is UTF8, then configure your Impex setup as UTF8 compatible. After all the setttings are done, save the file and upload it to the vBulletin root dir on FTP.
6. Say yes to overwrite promts. If Impex does not appear in Admin panel, move cpnav_impex.xml file to forum/includes/xml folder.
7. Now everybody on the net was able to come until that step. But they were failing at one point and no one was able to find the source of problem. It is the part where Impex fails importing users from Kunena database. The reason? Well, because Kunena and Joomla! uses the same userbase and Impex does not look for kunena_users table. It looks for jos_users table. But since Impex does not know the jos_ prefix, it fails! The solution? Simple. Just remove the jos_ prefix from users table.

To rename the table, open PhpMyAdmin and choose the Joomla DB. Now go to SQL tab and execute this command:

Kod:
RENAME TABLE jos_users TO users;

8. Now start running modules one by one. And when everything is done, don't forget to update counters from the vBulletin meintenance area. You also have to send password reset mails to Kunena users since vBulletin can not import their passwords.

Note: Imported forums will lack video adding permission to posts. You can solve this from Forums area in vB Admin panel. Here is what it looks like after a successfull import.

VvrRa.jpg

I want to improve the article. So, plase do not hesitate to ask about the problems you encounter ;)

Yalnız dikkatimi çekti bu konuda Vbulletin bile topu atmış "Hayır desteklemiyoruz olmuyor" diye. Forumlardan birisinde de arkadaş rehberin ingilizce olmasıyla ilgili şu yorumu yapmış " Yahu İngilizcesi her yerde var Türkçe yapsaydın ya" işte buna çok güldüm :D Bildiğin yok, yok yani.

Hello, I need your help, it is possible for you to give me some advice on how to use it in kunena 3.0 to VBulletin 4.2.1?
I got to the first module, the DB connection, I did edit the file to match the names of the tables from the FireBoard to Kunena, but in the next step I got a 1064 mySQL error.
Please help!
Kind regards,
Jose

Hi, thanks for sharing this tutorial! It's like a pot of gold for those who have some knowledge of programming and have some experience with the forum management.
But, sometimes it's little complicated to proceed with such a complex work. Friend of mine has run a forum on vbulletin and decided to move it to joomla with kunena extension (in order to manage it together with website), so he tried so many methods to move the forum content, but he couldn't figure it out. But once he stumbled upon one tool that converts forum data automatedly, it's called cms2cms. It took hem just a few mins to migrate all the content.
So, if you need to migrate your forum from vbulletin to kunena, you may try free demo to check whether it works. Really nice solution for people with no coding skills!

Uyarı! Bu konu 11 yıl önce açıldı.
Muhtemelen daha fazla tartışma gerekli değildir ki bu durumda yeni bir konu başlatmayı öneririz. Eğer yine de cevabınızın gerekli olduğunu düşünüyorsanız buna rağmen cevap verebilirsiniz.

Yeni konular

Geri
Yukarı