Why should I learn German?

In my opinion, as long as you plan to have a job where linguistics matter, any language you learn can be good for your future. For German, it is not just crucial for engineers but also beneficial if you are planning to be a teacher, customer representative, or anything similar in Europe since German is a language people speak in Europe. Most importantly, Germany is a strong country too. But the real questions are where you want to live in the future, what you want to be, and if you have fun learning the language or not. You can learn any language if you are determined. You should definitely get better at English first. English is the language that will probably be more important than any language you will learn later.

Depends. I didn't liked German and didn't found it that similar to English. Now I'm going to try French and if I like it, I will continue with it. I recommend you Spanish and French.

If you want to learn a language other than English, you should consider learning Spanish, French, Russian or Mandarin instead of German if you're not planning to study and/or live, work in a German speaking country. A friend of mine is a student in Freiburg, he's studying the German language, he said, if your L1 is not German, then you'll never truly master German as the infamous articles in German are more of a feel thing rather than rules. I'm told that, conjugations in German don't always match with the Turkish conjugations, for example the subject is Dativ in German, it might be Akkusativ in Turkish vice versa. If you like the language, or you have a reason similar to the or the same the aforementioned reasons, German is not that bad of a choice. It's not a bad choice in general either, it's just harder than other Germanic languages and Romance languages such as English, French, Dutch and Italian. If you want to learn German better, maybe you should consider attending the Goethe-Institut school.

Geri
Yukarı