How long does it take to learn professional English?

I am already watching the series. I am looking for how to use words in phrases. I want any more improve English.
Do you know More books(cambridge)?
I recomend them you for improve yourself.
But unfortunately you can not buy them in Turkey.
I buyed as a bit illegal.

I'm in high school, studying 10 hours of English a week. All my classmates except me and one other student are nowhere near of making their own sentences in English, they don't even know how to pronounce some words.
I think this is the problem for most of regular students in Turkey and the way to master English is not sitting on a chair and study for hours, that's probably what you do when you wanna improve your vocabulary and this is the first step of learning English.
I myself learned English through talking with people online, movies, news and I changed my phone and PC's language to English. I did all these while I was in middle school but I sometimes still have a hard time understanding some of the sentences but that's because there are some new words in the sentence and once I know the meaning of the word I can pretty much know what the whole sentence means.

TLDR; You can't master English with just memorising the words, you have to practice.

I'm in high school, studying 10 hours of English a week. All my classmates except me and one other student are anywhere near of making their own sentences in English, they don't even know how to pronounce some words.
I think this is the problem for most of regular students in Turkey and the way to master English is not sitting on a chair and study for hours, that's probably what you do when you wanna improve your vocabulary and this is the first step of learning English.
I myself learned English through talking with people online, movies, news and I changed my phone and PC's language to English. I did all these while I was in middle school but I sometimes still have a hard time understanding some of the sentences but that's because there are some new words in the sentence and once I know the meaning of the word I can pretty much know what the whole sentence means.

TLDR; You can't master English with just memorising the words, you have to practice.

I am doing my best. It takes too long. I'll be working with dual monitors soon. I talk to strangers but sometimes I don't have time. I think I regress when I don't have time.

I think working from books and diving into papers doesnt makes your English perfect. What you have to do is learn basic grammar, and talk as much as you can.

I learned English purely by using the internet.

Biggest contributors to my English is mangas. I read a lot of English transtlated mangas when i was in middle school. Don't scare away when you don't know a word, just look it up. Over time you will learn it.
Judging by your choice of forums, you can try to go and watch English tech Youtubers.
Input is the key. Try to use the English side of the internet more.
You don't have to contribute but try to write or speak too.

I thought I was good at English until I talked to a foreigner. I think this problem will disappear when you start talking to a stranger.

Yeni konular

Geri
Yukarı