Why can't we speak English?

i learned English in middleschool all by myself with interest of foreign language with the help of TV shows and video Games i can speak fluently English Now thank's to that.

But you need to improve your writing as well.

I think the only reason students can't learn English is education in Turkey is based on theoric education and learning a language needs practical one as all the other lessons, even more than others. Unfortunately, you can't speak a language without using it, only learning grammar won't make any difference.

If you can use this theoric education chance good and practice yourself -and of course with the others, speaking with people is the best method to learn a language-, clearly you will be able to learn English very well from Turkish schools.

As I think again, the main problem isn't the education. Problem is that people don't take English seriously. They don't care it, even you send them abroad, they can learn nothing.

I think the only reason students can't learn English is education in Turkey is based on theoric education and learning a language needs practical one as all the other lessons, even more than others. Unfortunately, you can't speak a language without using it, only learning grammar won't make any difference.

If you can use this theoric education chance good and practice yourself -and of course with the others, speaking with people is the best method to learn a language-, clearly you will be able to learn English very well from Turkish schools.
Even the theoretical stuff ain't useful in order to speak well. Let's suppose that practical stuff is great -which obviously isn't-. The vocabulary they teach is not useful at all for any aspect of the English language.

If I had to give an example, one of my relatives told me that his high school English teacher took 5 points of him just because he didn't know the word "oxcart". Well, this guy is a 10th grader and people his age does not even know the 200 most used words in English. Learning the word "oxcart" won't improve his language skills since he doesn't even know the basics -thanks to our great system of education- If anything, it's gonna make it A LOT more complicating.

I could try to say how to fix this situation, improve the education system vice versa. However, i don't think it's worth it to waste my time. Nothing's gonna change anyway.

Why can't we speak English? We learn English in elementary school, middle school, and high school but the result is nothing. We cannot speak English after years of learning English in schools. Isn't there a problem? The main reason for that is; we learn only grammar rules. Knowing only all the grammar rules doesn't help you to speak English. You need to combine your words with grammar to speak English, in this point, grammar is an essential thing. When you know grammar, you can create more beautiful sentences. When you don't know grammar rules; your sentence will look like this:
  • I how can go to the hospital?
That's okay, people will understand you even if you create sentences like this. If you know grammar rules your sentences will look like this and it's going to be more understandable:
  • How can I go to the hospital?
More clear, isn't it? That's why we have to know grammar, knowing a little grammar will make your sentences more clear. You have to know at least basic grammar rules, and a few tenses.

Let's move back to the main point of this text. Schools in Turkey care about grammar so much. Grammar is important, but not that much. They only teach grammar and that's not going to help you speak English. Look at these sentences:
  • I was at school when you called me.
  • I was in school when you called me.
The only difference between these sentences are is the preposition that used. One is at, one is in. Is there any wrong, people will absolutely understand you anyways. Here is another example:
  • You have must understood me.
  • You must have understood me.
The Upper sentence is grammarly wrong, the bottom one is correct. I could understand both sentences. According to a textbook; that's unacceptable, but for me that's okay. Both sentences are understandable. Feel free to share your thoughts.
For English, school is useless. You must learn a language yourself. By speaking, writing, listening.

Geri
Yukarı