Upgrading Iomega ix2-200 to Cloud Edition

Guys,

The update for cloud version worked fine, but the RAID volume didn´t mount. When I tried to change RAID configuration to RAID0, or any other option, it was saying the pool needed a name.
I´ve made the update proccess 5 times, always the same result.
Then I tried to update to firmware ix2-200-3.2.3.9273 , and everything looked to be running nice, but after the unit restarted, the white led was blinking, and I had no access to web interface.
I tought it was remounting the RAID, so I let it running for more then 12 hours. After that, I´ve noticed something was wrong.
Since then, I can update the unit anymore, with any firmware.
I´ve tried:
1) removing 1st and 2nd disk (alternated)
2) clearing the disks
3) changing for new disks
4) I ran DriveFWUpdater-1.8.exe from iomega

When doing the reset as described, the unit restarts, the disks speens, and the USB led blinks twice, but then, nothing else, except the White Led of DEATH.....

Does anyone have an Idea what may I do?

Thanks to all,

Caco

after my update when i started after the third time it bloked and i needed to do a reset like this one that i saw in this post....

I have the same problem with my new ix2 ... rapidly blinking white led.

I contacted support who suggested the following 3 solutions ...

Solution 1
First, please try power cycling the device. To do this, whilst the unit is on, pull the power cable directly from the unit. Then keep the power button held in for 15 seconds.
After that ,reconnect the power cable and boot the device. Does this change the LED Status at all?

Solution 2
Please try and reset the device to factory defaults. This is performed by pressing and keeping the reset button held in for 15 seconds
Let me know the exact response you get when doing this.

Solution3
Please try booting the unit with only 1 disk in the second slot. Let me know how this goes. (will not invalidate any warranty)
None of these solutions worked in my case, but they might work for others?

Son düzenleyen: Moderatör:
after my update when i started after the third time it bloked and i needed to do a reset like this one that i saw in this post....
I have the same problem with my new ix2 ... rapidly blinking white led.
I contacted support who suggested the following 3 solutions ...
Solution 1
First, please try power cycling the device. To do this, whilst the unit is on, pull the power cable directly from the unit. Then keep the power button held in for 15 seconds.
After that ,reconnect the power cable and boot the device. Does this change the LED Status at all?
Solution 2
Please try and reset the device to factory defaults. This is performed by pressing and keeping the reset button held in for 15 seconds
Let me know the exact response you get when doing this.
Solution3
Please try booting the unit with only 1 disk in the second slot. Let me know how this goes. (will not invalidate any warranty)
None of these solutions worked in my case, but they might work for others?

Axukar, thansk for your tips...
I´ve tried them all, none works.
1) No change
2) After holding the power button for 20 seconds, the RED LED turns on, indicating problems with a disk, e then the unit reboots by itself. I already changed the disks for new ones, but no change.
3) Also no changes on unit. The white led blinks indefinitely.

Can you reinstall the firmware via interface? I have no idea about this problem. Also please Ctrl + F5 your browser.

hi guys,

i reinstall the firmware and now works fine.THANKS... other thing...i have a samsung smarttv and reads MKVS but when i tried to read through ix2-200 the TV says that the format its not valid and a information about the file is video/x-mastroka. the same file read through other source the TV reads the file without any problem and a information about the file is video/x-MKV. MKV and matroska are not the same????i think maybe is a problem with the media server of the ix2....

Son düzenleyen: Moderatör:
Hi.....
thanks a lot for your help....you put everything very simple and for me is very good because is the first time that i am using linux and this type of software managers.
i already install everything that you told me without any problem except the townky update and
i found this information in townky forum and i think this is the solution for my problem can you confirm and help me to install.....

Enabling Video Transcoding

Initially, the video format check boxes on the Transcoding page will be greyed out. To enable them, do the following:
For Debian based distros (Ubuntu/Debian/Kbuntu/Xandros/DSL etc)
Install ffmpeg: apt-get install libavcodec-unstripped-51 libavdevice-unstripped-52 libavformat-unstripped-52 libavutil-unstripped-49 libpostproc-unstripped-51 libswscale-unstripped-0 ffmpeg
Note: Installing the unstripped libraries as in the above step insures that MKVs will transcode, otherwise the transcode will fail because mpeg2video will be missing. If while running that last command the install fails because of a missing package, do an apt-cache search libavcodec (replace libavcodec with whatever package it says is missing - this way you can see if perhaps you need *-unstripped-52 rather that 51, etc).
Open /usr/local/twonkymedia/cgi-bin/ffmpeg.location in your editor and replace c:/ffmpeg with /usr/bin

NOTE:: It is necessary to run the mediaserver in the foreground for transcoding to work properly. If you are using the supplied Twonky startup script, you need to remove the -D from the line around line 94 that reads "$TWONKYSRV -D"
Reboot the device: reboot
Open the web interface (http:\\MY-SHEEVA-IP:9000) and navigate to the Transcoding page.
Check the desired transcoding options.
More on MKV Files

For MKVs to transcode, you need to place a .desc file in twonkymedia's cgi-bin folder.
Create the file /usr/local/twonkymedia/cgi-bin/ffmpeg-mkv-mpeg.desc
Set the new file's permissions to 644.
Inside the file, paste the following:
exec: ffmpeg -threads 2 -i $infile -vcodec mpeg2video -sameq -acodec copy -f vob -copyts -y $outfile
# capabilities
from=video/x-matroska
to=video/mpeg
synchronous
priority=idle
On the transcoding page in the web interface, make sure mpeg2 is checked.
Restart the media server or reboot the device: reboot

thanks again....

thanks a lot....i believe that we together could make a very good post about this topic....
I found a guy with the same problem in another forum. can i put the link where?

how long do you have your ix2-200? do you like the machine? I got mine from last week.....

cheers,

Geri
Yukarı