Upgrading Iomega ix2-200 to Cloud Edition

Hi,

Using a 8 GB Cruser USB, pressed the rerset and after a while It starts both 500 GB disks, then the USB is started and after a while the USB start blinking and released the reset. Waited 10 Minutes and nothing happens. Unplugged the USB stick and it seems it does not even extraced the archive at the USB Stick.

Any Help!

Thx,
Ronald

- - - Updated - - -

Finally got it working with one single 500 GB drive using:

1. Format the USB key as FAT32
2. Create the emctools folder
3. Create the ix2-200_images and ix2-200d_images folders inside the emctools folder
4. Copy the ix2-boot.tgz file inside the ix2-200_images and ix2-200d_images folders
4. Have only one disk in the NAS, and in the "disk 1" slot.
5. Plug the USB key in the lower back USB connector of the NAS
6. While holding the reset button, plug in the power cord
7. As soon as the USB key stars flashing, release the reset button
8. After some minutes the NAS goes OFF
9. Restart

The difference: Using the lower back USB and created an extra ix2-200_images.

Ronald

Hi,

Using a 8 GB Cruser USB, pressed the rerset and after a while It starts both 500 GB disks, then the USB is started and after a while the USB start blinking and released the reset. Waited 10 Minutes and nothing happens. Unplugged the USB stick and it seems it does not even extraced the archive at the USB Stick.

Any Help!

Thx,
Ronald

- - - Updated - - -

Finally got it working with one single 500 GB drive using:

1. Format the USB key as FAT32
2. Create the emctools folder
3. Create the ix2-200_images and ix2-200d_images folders inside the emctools folder
4. Copy the ix2-boot.tgz file inside the ix2-200_images and ix2-200d_images folders
4. Have only one disk in the NAS, and in the "disk 1" slot.
5. Plug the USB key in the lower back USB connector of the NAS
6. While holding the reset button, plug in the power cord
7. As soon as the USB key stars flashing, release the reset button
8. After some minutes the NAS goes OFF
9. Restart

The difference: Using the lower back USB and created an extra ix2-200_images.

Ronald

Thanks this is the only method on this thread that worked for me.

I know this thread is a little OLD and STALE, but I just wanted to make sure that others having problems KNOW THE TRUTH. :D

Anyway, I could not get ANY of the instructions to work until I changed the folder name from ix2-200d_images to ix2-200_images.

After that it worked like a charm and now I have two new 3TB Seagate Disks running in RAID 1, so since I started with 2 500GB non-Cloud edition this is a HUGE improvement for me... :cool:

I experienced the same torrent problem. Try rename X:\emctools\ix2-200d_images to X:\emctools\ix2-200_images

For me the procedure started. However the ix2 nerver shut down as it states in the guide. After waiting for about 20 min, i got bored and pulled the plug when i experienced no disk activity. When i restarted the ix2, i was able to acces web interface and a downgraded os to 3.1.12....

Hi All,
I have an ix2-200 cloud and wanted to upgrade the drives 1tb to 3tb.
I followed described processes but when I connect to web interface I'm getting an pop up with "This device supports API version '1.2', not '1.4'" does anyone faced with this before? Can anyone help me?
Also I tried to use my old HDD but still getting the same problem!
Help Pls...

Hi,
I have read this eminent tutorial and for me it´s not working.. I know this thread is a bit old but my NAS firmware was also very old..
So, to complete this tutorial I have, for me, a working solution witch can save som trouble to others.

First, when you repartition your hard drives with Easus, also repartition your usb key.. now the important par, do this operation on a x86 (32bit) operating system.

In short, when you follow this tut, do it on a 32bit xp or W7 computer.
I have a windows 7 x64 system and Everything seems to be ok but Iomega ix2-200 is not able to read one usb key prepared on x64 system.

Hope this helps someone.

/ Venoms.

Many thanks, it works for me and I've recovered two bricked ix2-200.

I used a Cruzer (Appears fake) pen Drive from Sandisk (SDCZ90-008G), as it wont work, had it open and see that was just an 8GB SD, I've changed the SD to 2GB and started again, worked perfectly.

9TviMk4.jpg

Thanks again from Brasil.

Att,
Fabiano Borges de Sousa

You just got your ix2-200 from eBay and there are no disks inside the NAS. Or you have a brand new ix2-200 -yet you could not afford Cloud Edition. No problem. With just a USB stick and a SATA adapter or desktop PC, you will easily upgrade your ix2-200 to ix2-200 Cloud Edition.

If the above method did not work for you, here is another guide from our members.

Bu orijinal bir Technopat rehberidir Türkçe sürümü için tıklayın...

Son düzenleyen: Moderatör:
Hi All,

I'm new around here but would like to try this, Could someone get me a working link to the decrypted firmware. The ones on this post don't seem to work.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I'm new around here but would like to try this, Could someone get me a working link to the decrypted firmware. The ones on this post don't seem to work.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there, just ask the firmware that you are looking for, the manufacturer/brand/model etc. then people'll help ASAP.

Hi, I meant the firmware required to make the IX2-200 non-cloud edition to cloud edition, basically the firmware present on the first post of this thread (unless there is a newer one) since I'm not being able to download the ones there.

Thanks.

Yeni konular

Geri
Yukarı