Why can't we speak English?

Language is a skill that our brains acquire while we grow up by the time passes. A language can be acquired more than learning it. The only way to acquire a language is listening at first then speaking. While we grow up we listen 2 years and then we talk. It's like walking or driving a car or riding a bike etc. So we have to do more listening and speaking practice more than memorizing grammar rules or meanings of words. By the time our brains absorb the rules by itself. Then maybe we won't even know the names of the rules but we eventually will know them and use them well.

Listening and speaking are separated tasks in the brain. Turkish people always say that they can understand yet they can't talk. This is mostly because they learn English through series -or movies- and don't practice it by talking to a native speaker.

Listening and speaking are separated tasks in the brain. Turkish people always say that they can understand yet they can't talk. This is mostly because they learn English through series -or movies- and don't practice it by talking to a native speaker.
I absolutely agree with you, you’ve just explained the whole wrong thing in Turkey. You cannot learn how to drive without driving a car.

Language is a skill that our brains acquire while we grow up by the time passes. A language can be acquired more than learning it. The only way to acquire a language is listening at first then speaking. While we grow up we listen 2 years and then we talk. It's like walking or driving a car or riding a bike etc. So we have to do more listening and speaking practice more than memorizing grammar rules or meanings of words. By the time our brains absorb the rules by itself. Then maybe we won't even know the names of the rules but we eventually will know them and use them well.
I think so. Grammar should not be learned by studying. For me, I learned forms of all the irregular verbs by watching videos and reading texts.

Geri
Yukarı